Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, January 29, 2009

For starters...

okay, so why i decided to start a blog i'm not sure. as if facebook, myspace, and plain email aren't enough!! but what can i say....everyone's doing it (sorry parents, i know you hate that one!). anyway, well today is my birthday...the big 26...how in the world can i be 26?! even my sister called me this morning to wish me happy birthday and asked how old i was...she said its hard to keep track as i get older. wow. but it makes you feel good to get text messages, phone calls, and messages on the computer...i have wonderful friends and family!
everyone wanted to know what my plans were for the special day. all i could say was "i'm not going to go to walmart or wash clothes"...afterwards i realized how old that sounded. needless to say as i'm typing now i have a load of clothes in the dryer...oh well...at least i didn't go to walmart!
ryan got a cake for me and we are having my parents over tonight. cake. can't remember the last time i had cake for my birthday! so needless to say i'm excited. its the small things apparently. while i'm talking about my birthday...it makes me think of past birthday "parties" i used to have. Lets list the top three:
1. definitely my "achy breaky heart" birthday...in our garage with hay bales...and we learned the line dance to the one hit wonder billy ray...i was raised in bovina, what can i say
2. this one would have to be my pageant party...i have no clue how old i was, but all my friends came with swimsuits and dresses. we had judges and everything. we modeled in my parent's living room and in the end everyone got a sash...things like prettiest eyes, best swimsuit, best smile, etc....i know my mom has a pic so maybe i'll post it later!
3. for this last one, i think i'll go with my two surprise parties... first my sweet sixteen...oh so long ago! that was back when we had a ping pong table in my parent's dining room (that's for another day..lol) and i think it was my 22nd birthday my friends at state planned a party for me...good times good times
all in all, i've had very good birthdays....which is why i'm gonna end this post and go enjoy the rest of MY day! peace...

1 comment:

Erica King said...

i am glad you have joined the blogging world...it gets addicting. we must catch up soon!