Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, May 8, 2009

Birthday Boy

Yesterday was Ryan's 28th birthday. So I decided to be a wonderful wife and cook him supper and bake a cake. Okay, for those that know me...cooking is not exactly my strong point. But I knew he would appreciate it, so I made one of his favorite dishes. Thank goodness it isn't too difficult. Then came the cake part. I decided to make his grandmother's sugar crust cake. He had this cake every year growing up for his birthday. I made one last year, but I had help (thanks melanie!). This year I decided to tackle it all on my own. I mean this cake is made from scratch...flour, sugar, eggs, yada yada. Needless to say my kitchen was a MESS! :) Fortunately I started early in the afternoon and had supper and dessert ready with a clean kitchen when he got home! He was very excited. My parents came over to eat with us and brought his presents. Everyone said supper was good (I even checked to see if anyone was sick this morning..haha!). Ryan opened all his presents and liked everything he received. We still have to celebrate with his family (his mom was out of town on Thursday), so I'm sure he will get some more goodies! As soon as I download my pics I'll put one up of the cake!
Till next time,
Lacey

No comments: